Apart from regular facials, suing quality products for cleansing , toning and moisturizing on a daily basis are best to fight with the effects of aging. Home made facials masks containing natural ingredients are quick and simple to create at home.
Bases: The bases of a facial (face) mask is natural clay or gel. clays are generally for deep cleansing. Gels are suitable for sensitive skin.
Green clay ( argile verte): Suitable for all skin types ( Except sensitive skin), rich in minerals, Antiseptic, Cleansing, Stimulating circulation lymph and blood.
Clays: fuller's earth- suitable for normal - oily skins only, cleansing, and stimulating effect.
kaolin: Suitable for normal - oily skins,, astringent, detoxifying, cleansing, and stimulating circulation of lymph and blood.
Essential oils for facial masks:
Normal dry skin: lavender, sandal wood, roman chamomile.
Normal oily skin: lavender, juniper.
Mature skin: Frankincense, neroli, rose Otto.
Sensitive skin: Roman chamomile, rose Otto, German chamomile.
Purees: Purees are helpful for various skin conditions such as fruit purees ( strawberry puree will act like and alphahydroxy)
- Avocado Facial Mask
- Oatmeal Facial Mask
- Facial Mask
- Gypsum body mask
- Grape cleanser
- Banana face pack for dry skin
- Cucumber face pack to get smooth skin
- For oily skin: Rub papaya or paw paw on the face for oily skin.
- Apply milk with cotton on face.let it dry for a few minutes then wash with warm water.
- Make a paste of honey, milk , yogurt and ground sesame seeds in equall proportions and apply on face and whole body. Apply a paste of whole wheat flour with vinegar to remove freckles and dark spots.
- Mix well lime juice, honey and egg white.Apply to face and let it dry for a few minutes then wash with warm water. it will make your skin soft and smooth.
- mix aloe vera gel, honey and egg yolk. Apply to face and let it dry for a few minutes then wash with warm water.
- Make a past by mixing 1 tablespoon honey with 2 tbs powdered almonds and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Rub on face then wash with warm water
- Facial Mask: Mix lemon juice and hot water in equal amounts and wash.
Cucumber puree ( Cools the skin), yogurt ( Cools and softens the skin), Milk ( Removes dead skin cells and softens the skin), honey ( Acts as an antibacterial).
you can add rose petal powder for fragrance, Citrus petal powder for astringency, Neem powder for antibacterial action ( Especially useful for acne prone skin), oatmeal for soothing the skin, and milk powders.